10/26/08

People Are Stupid

The above is an epiphany brought on by company too invested in an outcome and a party far from dispassionate, eager to coax a volley of Romantic sentiments from a cynic's pursed lips. I am referring, of course, to a GUY. (Bet to HELL you didn't see that one coming.) I mean, what right does he have to come around me, unsolicited, to re-incite such confusion among my affairs? (Keywords: reincite, affairs.)

"What are we to each other?" he asks me, so earnest and perplexed. "Why have you done this, this, and that?" OMG, I don't KNOW! That's why I'm avoiding addressing the issue! (Because that solves every problem.) Do like the rest of society - push it under the rug, burn it, hope it goes away! Just don't wave it in my face and make me deal with it! God!

I don't like the hypocrisy of his arms as he claims that he'll never bind me as his. He makes such fanfare about how chivalrous he is in refraining from kissing me as he exaggerates the issue, but speaks and acts without respect. (Maybe he's "kind" in not meshing our lips, but what the fuck is his arm doing around my waist?)

He entreats me to trust my situation to one who knows nothing about it. (Namely: him.) He is so hellbent on protecting me from myself, that he will not listen to the victim's testimony. (After all, she's in shock - how could this one witness understand what she's endured?)

This entire soliloquy is just another way of avoiding the larger issue. I so want to deny the problem merely because the topic was brought up by one who only vaguely grasps at its currents and whose motives are dubious (at best).

*sigh*

People are stupid.

No comments: