6/16/10

Waking Up

"Kissing is good for you."

"Uh-huh." I batted Elec's hand away from my face. "Only when both parties agree to it."

He reached for me again and I rolled my eyes.

"Touch me again and I will remove your lips," I threatened.

Elec chuckled, leaning back against the locker bank as he dropped his hand.

"That's definitely at odds with what you were saying last night."

I jammed my lock closed and flung my book-bag across my shoulders.

"Yes, well," I sniffed, "that was before you took it upon yourself to make out with my best friend directly in front of me."

He followed me as I attempted to storm off, his long legs making it easy for him to keep up with my stiletto-shortened stride.

"Hey, you were off somewhere with Cameron earlier," he said all too reasonably. "You and I both know that kisses don't mean much."

I rounded on him, his chest ramming into my index finger as I brandished it at him.

"At least Cameron is straight. Hallie is a lesbian. You were making out with my lesbian best friend!" My voice climbed in pitch.

Elec, with the blond curls and deep velvet-brown eyes, the strong jaw and slight stubble, had the nerve to look amused. The rat!

He captured my hand.

"As I said, Rena. Kisses mean nothing."

I jerked away, careful to keep my eyes on the linoleum as I put him behind me.

Only a few days before, I would have said he was right.

No comments: