2/11/11

Assembly Line of Information

Something is going to give, and it won't be too much longer from now. I don't know if this sense of certainty derives from the knowledge of their characters or from the energy I make a point to play with every day.

Something is about to happen.

I just don't know what.

Okay, I know that Mr. Mormon is going to send me a rose on Valentine's Day and that the card will ask me to be his valentine, and in French. I know that I'll have to ask him what he means by 'valentine.' And I know I'll likely have to crush his heart then and there. I know that I'll likely not do it hard enough, because romantic gestures just undo me.

Yes, let's blame it all on that, shall we? I am vulnerable to all manner of unsuitable men because I am a cold rationalist Queen of Swords who melts at the first sign of romance.

I guess I do know a few things.

Not only do I know all those things about the Mormon-Who-Has-A-Crush-On-A-Witch, but I know a few things about the man I once termed a "DJ."

He will make some big romantic gesture on Valentine's Day. He will bug me and flatter me until I agree to see him on Sunday. If (I can't believe I almost wrote 'when') I see him on Sunday, it will not be a date. At best, we'll get coffee, go to a park, and I'll teach him how to salsa.

But what event do these tidbits and tendrils and probabilities add up to?

Ah, I see.

A choice.

Yes, something is going to give.

But, Goddess - what an unfortunate cliche that it'll probably happen on Valentine's Day.

No comments: