3/10/08

Happy

This is what happens when I'm happy. I smile more, frown less. I make large gestures, take up more space. I am more alive than you could possibly conceive. I stop worrying about the pointless to and fro of social drama and simply ride the waves out onto the golden beach of contentment. I know I'll get there eventually.

I let my dialogue snap. Ironically, I'm more likely to be called a bitch when I'm happy rather than when I'm angry. I guess that people would prefer me to sulk instead of toss witticisms. But when presented with an opportunity to let a zing fly, I'm not likely to find any answers to the question "Why not?" I'm thoughtless that way.

I stand taller. Some people may say that that's not possible, but it is. My neck extends and my jaw tilts up and I am undeniably more vertical than moments before. I move more fluidly, like a dance of fire lapping at the soles of discontent. I am simply more alive.

(Now if only I were happy...)

No comments: