8/29/10

A Kiss is Just a Kiss

It was foolish to think that anything really changes, and even as I let myself believe, I knew it. (Naivete is a state of mind that is impossible to recover.) Am I just afraid to try too hard? I've always believed that hard work makes all things possible, but I can't help but feel that to work hard here is to lose. But is that really true? Is it worth a shot? (Ah, but if I actually gamble, it means that I cared enough to have something to lose.)

I recognize another in myself and feel contempt. I have eyes - I can see who texts whom first and know exactly what it means. (The game is to lean back and see how far they lean forward.)

I came so close to candor tonight, but we saw each other before we met and quickly turned to go other ways. What good does a close acquaintance do if you never put it to good use?

I managed to be euphoric for an entire three days. It's so completely ridiculous that a boy can make a smile stay. But I am much too rational for romance - a kiss is just a kiss. (Even when you dare to hope it is something more.)

No comments: