11/18/10

Fairy Tale

This is just a fairy tale. I'm going to wake up, go back to school and reality, and it will all go back to the way it was.

So what's to do? Do I just go with it, enjoy it while it lasts, or do I fight it, push it, try to change it? Does it even matter what I do?

I fly fine on my own, but she flies best with me by her side. Does that mean I'm obligated to be her wing? Sometimes it feels like it. It's the stage, the sidekick, the show. Irony shows its hand as it all comes full circle. (It always does.)

Logic dictates that there is nothing there, but body language takes over and indicates otherwise, leaving us both far too serious. The realization is a robbery. He's no Prince Charming, and even if I look up and see masculinity, I'm no princess. I'm not even Danielle, one wing ripped away. It was made obvious in the way we both ran and looked to the floor. (But why does it have to be anything more?)

Will I at least be kissed awake? I somehow doubt it. The carriage will simply become a pumpkin, and I am very conscientious about keeping my heels on my feet.

No comments: