5/15/11

A Miracle

'Kay, so I like you.

A lot more than I usually like people whom I haven't known for years. (Usually, I kind of passively like people until that point, almost by default.) And you definitely have not been hanging around that long.

But, for some reason, I actively like you.

It's verra, verra strange, and I'm kind of marveling at it.

To clarify, we're not talking about attraction. That's common, and usually does not take likability into account. Attraction is easy. Likability takes effort.

So, what is it about you? Why do you get to skip the line into my "like" zone? Got any theories?

Can it be so simple and narcissistic as you reminding me of myself? You are a writer, a musician, and interested in various esoterica, outgoing with a thin shell of introversion.

Maybe. But there are other people who answer to your description, and they're still caught in line, being liked by default.

Could it be that you remind me of multiple other people whom I like? You do call to mind several examples, invoking many levels of trust and humor and positive residual vibrations.

Then again, does it really matter why I like you? Mayhap you're just special.

So, congrats, doll. You get to be a miracle.

No comments: