4/15/08

Falling Back Into Place

I'm sunshine, stretched out in the sky, a tigress languidly sunning herself in the darkness. I am a parted lip smile swept from beneath long, sooty lashes. I am the heat in your room, in your bed, in your heart, in your jeans. You hearing me yet?

I'm the husky voice, desire sung in a whisper. I'm the orchid, an exotic flavor you've yet to taste. Lucky you - I happen to be handing out samples. I'm an arched back and a side to side sway. You're desperate to watch, so again and again, you click 'play'. I understand - you're curious. What do I have that's affecting you this way?

I've got charisma on the climb, that's your answer. Yes, I may fall yet, but I found the ladder that leads to the thunderheads. (I know the name of every lightning strike.) An angel? Me? Hardly! I gave up that illusion a while back. (It wasn't quite working out.) But what have I become? A bite on your ear tells you that if you'll only just listen, I am what you'll hear.

No comments: