4/23/08

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

I am alert, aware, a white-marble queen at the head of the social chess board, millions of teams spread across the blocks. It's always my turn, my move, and with skillful feints and invitations, I can rule the scene.

I am flushed flesh, pounding the streets in an attempt to find a door in or a door out. I am a pawn at this juncture, shifted, pushed about, strings plucked by the shaking fingers of circumstance. It is never my turn, and I cannot make it so if I am always running from that possibility.

I am packed muscle, a lithe tigress with a smile stamped across my claws, the kitten that'll just as gladly purr as hiss. I can control myself, slink and prowl and stretch, and by doing so, allow others to hitch along for the ride.

I was the runner. I am the chess queen. I shall be the tigress. Let's play now- yesterday, today, tomorrow.

No comments: