6/11/11

A Drum Set and a Cymbal

You don't know what you do to me.

Sure, you touch me and send sensations shivering across my skin, soft and sensual, startling me to the precipice of sanity. You know that you do that to me.

But you sit there, shirt inconsequential if not outright abandoned, your skin gleaming in the light, your eyes darkened, and you do so much more than the merely sensual. There's something about that sight, of you half in darkness, half in light, that reaches deep into me, grabs ahold, and twists. It's powerful at a visceral level.

And then we kiss. I swear that even if you aren't really a proper substitute for breathing, that I'd give it up to just keep tasting you. Your kiss feels like there are bubbles in my throat, little gossamer spots of glitter just begging to be released into the world. Your kiss on my lips does something to the universe, not just to me.

And as you trace your fingers down my neck, you have no idea. You are an innocent; you have no way of knowing it, no way of controlling it. I close my eyes to block out the dark and light reality that this is far more than you bargained for. You know you have startled me to the precipice of sanity, but you don't know that you are going to make me fall.

Or that you're going to fall with me.

I close my eyes and kiss your neck; I stop breathing.

You really have no idea what you do to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been creeping on yuur blog for months now and only just now realized that for some stupid reason I've never left yuu a comment. Partly it's because, well, I've been *creeping* on yuur blog, and another because, well, I'm slightly jealous and smitten all at once. (Smealous? Jealten?)
But anyways. This is not about me.
I keep trying to think of the words to describe how..._______ yuu are. But every word that can fit inside that blank seems so trite. First instinct is Beautiful, but beauty is subjective. I use the word Awesome waay too much and fantastic doesn't seem strong enough. But yuur writing, so by extension yuu ARE beautiful and awesome and fantastic.
I'm giving upp trying not to be banal as yuu can see.
I know yuu've probably heard all this about yuur writing before, if not that is the BIGGEST crime, but I feel like sometimes strangers praise can be the best kind. The kind that is given freely without any hidden meaning behind it. I'm not writing this to yuu to in the hopes that yuu'll read my (nonexistent) blog or read my writing. We do have some kind of connection (an actual one, not some creepy stalker one) and it'd be easy to just type out my name and hope for reciprocity in praise. But I don't want that. I just want yuu to know that, even though I don't know yuu and even though we will probably never talk face to face, yuu are amazing, and fantastic and beautiful and yuu are an inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

Amazing writings like this come from the same strand of pure raw emotion that i write my poems from. You put into words exactly what you are feeling and i never grow tired of seeing your feelings expressed so beautifully. Keep on writing and i'll try to keep giving you inspiration. Always, Lightning Bug