6/11/11

An Insignificant Moment

Chills rush down my legs, but I welcome them the way I won't welcome tears. Usually, I know from the start how things will turn out, and just don't want to believe it.

What do I say now?

A country song unspools in my head, talking of taking memories. My current playlist is titled "(Substitute) Street Signs & Cell Signal" because I miss civilization. I miss you. (And girls like me don't miss.) The three together should be freaking me out.

I have a long list of "should"s where you're concerned.

And I don't want to pay attention to a single one of them.

I wanted this piece to be beautiful, you know. I wanted it to drip imagery and burst with all the emotions that are whirling through my head like the precursor to a tornado.

But it's just another disjointed, melodramatic blog post, capturing nothing but a moment, and an insignificant one at that.

No comments: