12/12/11

Change for the Better

I paint my face in the colors of pretend, claiming this isn't the beginning; this is the end. I am unfortunate enough to make that reality, because we manifest what we believe.

I gave myself almost completely only once - just once, and that was because I knew I had to leave. Truth is, I'm scared that I'll be alone always, and when I walk in the streets, all the passers-by will see. So I paint on the mask and I keep a safe distance, so I won't lose control and be devastated when no one shows up for tea.

The irony is that I want to reach out and dance with the people, laugh with them and be glad we're alive. The only thing stopping me is really quite silly; I want me to stop sabotaging me. I want to scrape all the paint off and close the distance, forget my control and my fears. I'll be alone always if I can't learn to let the beginning begin and the end be elsewhere entirely.

So, help me wash my face with the waters of reality, give myself completely, stride through the streets, forget about distance, and not care who shows up for tea. I want to reach out and dance with you, laugh with you and be glad we're alive. I want you to be different from all the others before - I want to change for the better for you.

No comments: