12/5/11

From Beneath You

Sometimes you fall down the rabbit hole. No real reason for it - logic just crumbles from underneath you and then you're tumbling, blue silk skirt over your head, into the maw of emotion. From beneath you, it devours.

I am strange. I know it. I always have. I've never really been moved to change it.

I am alone. I know it. I always have, no matter how I sometimes wish that I didn't know, or that I could change it.

Sometimes you fall down the rabbit hole. It doesn't make any sense, but that's the nature of the beast. One moment, you're perfectly normal, wearing a pretty blue silk skirt, laughing and talking with everyone else at the party. The next moment, everything you relied on is inexplicably gone, leaving you blind, with no idea what's happening or why, only aware that you're falling and must eventually land.

From beneath you, it devours.

No comments: