1/19/08

One Guy, the Emcee

I'm hyping myself up for this, and I'm not sure why. It's just a guy, one of many, who has just been persistent enough to warrant an invitation to check out the place I lived. I swear, something like a demon has siezed control of my body.

He's next to nothing to me, really. Just another diversion from the lack of true interests. He's bold though, a splash of sunshine in a cold pool on an August band camp day. He revives my interest in the male gender. He possesses the ability to create WORDS!! And not just innuendo - he has matched me stroke for stroke, blow for blow, somehow managing to switch my fighting waltz for a much gentler, much kinder dance. How the HELL did he manage that?

Okay, I'll admit it. I was impressed by his daring moves, his sweet smile and sense of romance. But then again, I was ALWAYS a sucker for romantic gestures, flowers and stars and moons and slow meanders body to body, in time, in step.

But he has too many of the right answers and not enough of the wrong. It makes me REALLY suspicious. No guy is that perfect, not without manipulation. It's so hard to believe that he's dealing me straight instead of spinning me across his finger like an emcee plays a record. So, I'm hyping myself up for the coming duel, placed conveniently on my living room floor. I just hope that there aren't any bloodstains.

No comments: