1/8/08

Poison & Elixir

I am confused. No, really. I am perplexed, baffled by the intricacies of human interaction. Why can't people just say what they mean?!

Sense is suddenly returning, shocked into rejuvenation by the naivette of that demand. It would be no fun to break hearts (or at least dent them) if those fragile organs were displayed prominently on a sleeve for all in the world to see. So it is for the best that I must guess at the next move in this peacock's waltz. The fact remains - I am mystified by this situation.

It would be much too simple to complicate things by asking advice of others. No, the only way to help yourself is to HELP YOURSELF. 'Cause, hey - only you live in your day to day life 100% of the time. It's not like your best friend sees life looking through the same baby blues you employ for use. Face it - it's your milk that's spilled, so you're the one to clean it up or cry over it.

Poison loves company - it makes the job go that much quicker. Fortunately, the same thing applies to healing elixir, else we'd all be dead. Like likes like, I've heard it said, and it ranks up there on the list of truths I've stumbled across so far. But when you mix poison and elixir, what events transpire? Ah, THAT is the question that's got me puzzled. For humans are poison, elixir, or some shade in between and it is rare to find someone with anything close to the same consistency. So what happens when you cross poison with elixir? Wait- don't answer. I swore I wouldn't ask.

No comments: