2/12/08

ME

Yay! I finally managed to piss you off enough to make you leave! Funny how I managed it, too. I could have given you a right dressing down, and I intended to, but there was no need. Just laugh, giggle, and burble on about flirting with another guy. Poof! You're gone.

It's nice! I have the freedom to move, the space to think! I can be me again, flirty, silly, shallow me. I can be myself! What a concept.... I'm stuck on it. I can dance without the burden of your wish for your eyes, I can toss expletives without concern for your violence, I can think of myself and what pleases ME. ME, ME, ME! (Simply for the joy of my ability to use the word.)

Interesting how you were undeterred by the word 'no' but that the word 'yes' falling on different ears was what finally gave you pause. Gonna be jealous? Yes. Gonna be angry? Yes. Gonna call me a bitch, a whore, a slut? Yes.

Am I gonna care? No.

Because finally (finally, finally, finally!) I don't have to think about you. I don't have to factor you into my decisions. Finally, I am free. (ME, ME, ME!)

No comments: