2/21/08

Regained Vision

Holy crap! The trees have leaves! God, I had forgotten what the world looked like, so long did I live blind. It's glorious - rather harsh, but sharp and pretty for its crystalline beauty.

There are signs all over, writing that I missed. Indications, indiscreetions, and intimations, all things I'd said but never knew. All these fine details that I didn't know existed are suddenly blatant in their self-evidence. How did I go so long with that veil across my vision uglying up my universe? It's all so beautiful, so beaten.

Even long familiar faces seem transformed by this newfound clarity. There are smiles and lines where before there were only soft, faint blurs of emotion. things are so different, so intricate, so obvious! (For example, trees have leaves.)

No comments: