2/14/08

V Day

Ah, Valentine's Day. The birds sing, hearts festoon the halls in a shower of pink, and presents are given to those lucky few. I am most certainly not among the lucky few.

Tamora, of course, is loaded down with gifts. Chocolate and flowers and stuffed animals and a pair of pink fuzzy handcuffs from someone who knows her too well. I'd laugh, but I'm insanely jealous.

Kitty is getting her presents after school. Unlike Tamora, she'd rather be going steady with someone rather than flirting with everyone. Her boyfriend will do something sweet, something romantic, something amazingly sensitive and thoughtful. And she will love every minute of it.

Then there's me. I'm quiet. A bitch. I scare the guys off, and the ones that won't be scared.... Well, they don't know what's good for them. So, I get nothing. Happy V Day.

No comments: