12/18/07

Lunch Table Antics

I wish everyday was just like today. Laughter, hugs all around, smiles gracing lips that usually frown. I wish that every day illuminated the lights in eyes, and every night was a dream of the day. I've missed this feeling, this grin, this hectic unguarded sense of cheer. This is how life's supposed to be, was meant to be, was designed - I feel that truth as real in my heart as sound.

These are my friends, my crazy, insane, messed up family. These are the people that make me happy, make me smile like this - the ones I chose to be with me through these years. I thank God for them. You hear me, God? Thank you. 'Cause this is the best I've felt, the best I've seen, since that fateful day when 'see you tomorrow' became 'see you around', and now I hope that every day comes back to being always.

No comments: