12/10/07

Separate Lives

Damn, that hurts. Why do you have to do this to me? I know you see the tears on my face though I duck my head in an attempt to hide them. Was this your goal? To rattle me to such a point? Well, you've met and exceeded that. Success! Good for you! No, really.

Happiness is an abstract concept. It's only the ideas that bear solid fruit that matter. ERNH! Wrong! At least, I hope that is the case, because if it's not, I'm fucking screwed. Hell, I'm screwed any way you turn it. I've got neither the happiness nor the solid fruit.

Have you not noticed how much I leash my tongue around you? I get my sense of humor from you, Mr. Smart Ass, but in this house, you're the only one allowed to crack the jokes. What do you think that does to me, when my only sense of freedom is blank white paper, fragile living? Think about that one for JUST a moment.

Yeah, I know that you want me to do better than what you managed. I get that. But let me live my own life - you can't live it for me and I'm sure your line of thought on that matter is "more's the pity". But I'm me, and you're you, so stop breaking me down with your determination to change that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The secnario brings out that of one person trying to change other. Yet when someone wants the change of another.(For better or for worse) The orginal, with all there potential dies.
This is why individuality is important
Me-thinks ;)