12/13/07

Relationship Triangle

She likes him. I know it. How can she not be aware that I've staked my claim? But, then again, perhaps he and she are better suited than he and I. They do, after all, have more in common, at least as far as my glance dares discern. Besides, they'd look positively otherworldly together. Lightness and darkness, the eternal oppositional dance (Even though hers is dyed.)

But would he hurt her? He's bad news, and I know it (that's part of the appeal), but does she? But my perceptions are skewed, to the extent that everyone seems crooked. And who am I to say that my view, and mine alone, corresponds with reality's own? I'd say someone (a close cousin) to no one.

So maybe it would work out between them. They DO seem (almost) meant to be. But what does that mean for him and me? Yeah, I know. That little relationship shall amount to something (a close cousin) to nothing.

No comments: