12/14/07

Obligations

Screw obligation! I really just don't want to deal with such a gawk-awkward situation. I've had a rough day, a rougher night, and if you want the whole tally, a horrendous, awful month. Why should I add another two-three hours to my already overstretched day to humor people who ain't gonna matter in the longer run? I want rest, relaxation - been wanting it for the past three months, so I dare say that it's LONG overdue.

Read my lipstick-bare frown. Let's try 'no' for one word, 'hell no' for two, and disdaining laughter for none. I want to go home, kick off my classic black wedges, pour myself a drink, and CHILL. Screw promises that I made forever ago - the ones I'd much rather not keep. I don't owe them anything anymore. So, empty oaths be damned! I'm not walking eyes open into THAT particular gawk-awkward situation.

No comments: